Thursday, May 31, 2007

Impaled by The Impaler

So last night I checked out the docucmentary about Jonathan "The Impaler" Sharkey who ran for Minnesota governor in 2006. I will now to the best of my abilities used my non-bias, yet columnist opinion ( I did pay my way through journalism school) to recall last evening's affair.

The documentary is decent. I am a fan of the genre more so that the average girl so I appreciate certain aspects of the filmmaking procedure. There is more of a story that the guy is a vampire running for Minnesota office. But I won't divulge too much, because who wants to ruin a story. And while Mr. Sharkey does have a PH.D. which Hatch and Pawlenty do not, they just have JD's, which seem to be a dime a dozen these days, Mr. Sharkey is full of himself. He loves to have a platform, he loves to have attention, he loves the camera and he loves to hear himself speak.

So really outside of the pro-wrestling background, impaler torch, claims that he slept with his half-sister and the whole blood-sucking vampire thing -- how is he different than any other politician?

It's a good question. And it's this week's Good Question? brought to you by WCCO and Ben Tracy.

But it was a bit bizarre, being @ Oak Street last night. And the Impaler is a bit bizarre, although more in love with himself then the general public would suspect. Normally, I'd set up a link for you to get more info on The Impaler, but I'm lazy, tired and off to a sporting event.

No comments: