Saturday, July 7, 2007

"Oh you'll like him, he's just like you."

This is for all the singletons. Have you ever had that person in your life -- friend, family member, coworker -- who wants to set you up? And as a bonus they had this variation of the line to the mix: "oh you'll like so and so he's similar to you."

that is the biggest turn-off. almost worse than back hair.

Here's why. I like to think of myself as COCO.

Confident
Outgoing
Creative
Opinionated

I don't want my other half to be similar to me. In fact the only things I want us to have in common our sense of humor, love for sports and some intellect. Otherwise nothing else. Sure there are values, respect, honesty, blah, blah, blah, that shit means nothing to me. I'm concerned about the first three, after that the rest just falls into place.

Here's is why I am totally turned off my people who say I should meet someone similar to myself. After COCO, I value independence and individuality, I like to think there is one and only ME and I am on a platform, not in platforms, all by myself. Sure others can be parallel or even on a similar shaped platform, but that there is some difference. I've never wanted to be like anyone else (thank you mother for that trait) and have always gone to the beat of my own drumming, even if no one else heard the rthymn (sp check, that word has always stumped me, prolly why i got a lower ACT score 24)

Second, if you are an outgoing person, the last thing you want to date is another outgoing person. Why? Because then you start to fight for attention. Which is why none of my boyfriends have ever been outgoing except maybe my first serious one in 8th grade. And BTW is was way too pretty for me.

Which is point three - you never want to date someone prettier than you. It brings up weird issues. Just trust me on this, puh-leeze.

I guess I like subtle confidence, unlike my brazen self. It balances out the equation. And I guess I like boys to be creative in their own way, it just shouldn't be in the form of writing, sports or pop culture references. I feel the need to dominate these and become freakishly competitive. That I blame on being and oldest child.

Opinionated. Similar to creative and confidence but not in the mentioned above areas. So really now that I've stumbling upon this I just don't want an outgoing personality. Nope I think them introverted, mumblers with the quick one-liners. It balances me out. Do you think I could handle someone that labeled themselves Mr. Mpls? No, because I'd become meaner than I already am. The downfalls to having a quick, snappy brain, sometimes it works against you and you'd say things you'd prolly shouldn't have said. But when that happens you have to go into "closer mode" like a closer in baseball, shake it off and have no fear for the next comment. Because just like a relief pitcher, once I start to think consciously I've lost my mojo. Poof!

Now I'm tangled in tangents and the Twins are about to start. I hope they score another 16 runs, since that's the average of their last two games. Although knowing the Twins they could now go on a skid of four shutouts. But I don't see that happening because the Twinkies rule in July and the All-Star game is just around the corner.

No comments: