Friday, July 20, 2007

Holy Shit Batman ... is this really my life?

Only in my world could I be blogging from a computer at my former employer. Just the thought of it is letting the little imp in my giggle in delight. It's so bizarre. But has one of my former supervisors put it, "you are the type of person who brings oxygen into the room." And I know what she means. But still the actualization of sitting and typing this with my i-pod brings back so many memories. Thank goodness I wasn't blogging when I worked here, I would get NOTHING accomplished.

Sometimes, actually most of the time my life isn't surreal. It's when I have these hovering moments, where I feel like I am this levitating girl watching my life from an aerial view. Only then is when I get goose bumps and have the realization that sometime my life is well, bizarre and filled with a lot of WTF? moments.

But I wouldn't want it any other way.

Why? If anything it makes to be a good story teller. And when you work in my industry, being a story teller is absolutely essential. It also helps to be slightly crazy, roll with the punches and ability to turn on a dime. At least that's what I've learnd in my first five years post-college.

So now the Blonde Squad I can hear them over my i-pod and they are at least 30-50 feet and a door closed away from me. I think if I still worked here with them I would have lacerations in my eyeballs or would have attempted work-suicide a few times. You know work suicide? It's those moments that Michael Douglas' character has in Falling Down. I suppose you could call it going postal but that seems so 1986. I think word suicide should catch on. But I also think "a conflict of logic" should be a logical and viable complaint to most HR departments. Sadly, I am wrong, like usual.

"We delight in the beauty of the butterfly, but rarely admit the changes it has gone through to achieve that beauty." - Maya Angelou

Seriously. These used to be quotes I had to find and incorporate into marketing pieces. Whatta bunch of shit. If you are going to make statements like this, follow up with action. But alas, that again, would be logical.

Goodness, it will be scary when I take over the world. The party will be called off due to the fire in hell.
:)
Cheers everyone. Here's hoping the Twins can get back on track and attempt to make wild card race interesting. I'm, as always, cautiously optimistic.

No comments: