Saturday, July 21, 2007

A Day in the Life

Yesterday, I woke up got out of bed. Dragged a comb across my head. Found a way .....Just kidding. I did not have "A Day in the Life" according to The Beatles. Although that is one of my Top Five Beatles' songs. In no particular order
A Day in the Life, In My Life, Norwegian Wood, Something, Here Comes the Sun and honorable mentions to Hey Jude, Golden Slumber/Her Majesty and While My Guitar Gently Weeps

So here was my plan for yesterday. Run errands. Catch bus. Go to library drop off and get new book preferably one I should have read in high school but never got around to reading. Meet former boss @ Chipotle on seven corners and then walk my beer drinking tire of a self back to my home near uptown. So I accomplished the first four. Then I took a detour. I called a former co-worker and friend. We had plans a few weeks ago, wanted to see how she was doing, etc. etc. It was prolly 2:30 when I stopped by. Didn't leave former employer until 5:30 and then went to a Twins game (which was phenomenal) BTW minus the 3 errors. How do they win with three errors? But a Twins win and Tigers loss is A-ok by me.

What a weird day to others, but not to me. I was downtown from 10:30 am to 11:30 at night. And I don't even work downtown anymore. Yesterday I wrote about writing from my former employer. It got better. Once I posted, I got a call from a perspective employer and set up my interview at one my old co-workers desks. Holy hilarity. When I write the book, that story will have to be in it somehow. It doesn't even seem plausible, but the older I'm getting the more I am realizing my life is, well, you know, a-typical.

More happy travels to follow later I can only hope.

No comments: