Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Full Geek Glory (RBFFL)

For the few who actually know my full name, consider yourselves lucky. And continue to keep it on the hush. I don't know why I am so compelled to blog in secrecy. Maybe it's the business I am in. That I am in front of a microphone a majority of the time and I don't want my personal thoughts/experiences to become part of my professional life.

Or I could really dig writing anonymously? Who's to say.

But for those of you who know me, you know I am a sports nut, opinionated and witty. Which is why the chance to be part of the Randball Fantasty Football Leauge was hard to turn down? I thought it would be a great chance to meet these folks who make me LOL on a daily basis, plus the location is the Chatterbox in St. Paul which is one of my fave spots. But alas four things occurred.
1. I have turned down every offer to play in Fantasty Football this year, so why start with a people I don't even know? That would not sit over well with my non-blogging-real-life-friends
2. I like how things are, I don't know if I want a face to these individuals, plus it is prolly a competition of extroverts and who can be the funniest and i'm guessing everyone is somewhat to ultra-competative
3. I would like to be on the sidelines and officially be a person of unbiased opinion. Kinda like a ref, but without the whole mafia thing or point shaving
4. Am I that much of a geek? Not quite. And I'm hanging onto that title for as long as possible. JK. I think RBFFL is fantastic and would be a lot of fun, I just am weighing my professional options and it's prolly not the best idea. Damn myself for being a PR bitch.

No comments: